Our Time and Frequency laboratory uses a Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) to obtain traceability without the need to send the standards for calibration. We use a single GNSS receiver, Frequency counter and Oscillator method. This method tracks the time difference between the GNSS receiver and Oscillator (laboratory Rubidium Frequency standard), the obtained data is compared to the reference values provided by the National Metrology Institute of South Africa (NMISA) to determine the relative drift.
- Our laboratory holds accreditation for performing calibrations on both on-site and in-house across various parameters, including Frequency, Time Interval, Phase Angle, Oscilloscopes, and Rotational Speed.
- For Frequency Calibration, we cover the calibration of frequency sources and frequency meters up to 2GHz.
- Calibration of time interval Source and Time interval meters: namely period source, rise/fall time, stopwatches.
- Calibration of rotational speed: namely Contact and Non-Contact tachometers, centrifuges, and other rotational devices.
- Phase Angle and Oscilloscopes are part of our Electrical DCLF accreditation.